To strengthen family partnership, Keys provides various programs and initiatives that foster venues for parent-dialogue and cooperation.
Keys recognizes the crucial role of teachers in the successful implementation of its program. Hence, it invests heavily on year-long teacher training and faculty development that could not but inspire a passion for teaching and learning.
We will be forerunners of vital changes in Philippine education. Our philosophy, grounded on respect and anchored on researched-based methodologies and standards, shall be the exemplar of a progressive K-12 education for children, families and educators in Asia.
KSM is committed in preparing its students for the challenges of the 21st century.
Keys students are:
Flexible and Adaptable
Critical Thinkers Problem Solvers
Media and Technology Literate
Creative and Innovative
Learners are self-directed.
They apply, transfer and adapt their learning to novel situations and problems by assessing the demands of the task, evaluating their own knowledge and skills, planning their approach, monitoring their progress and adjusting strategies as needed.
- All learners are capable of excellent work if their specific skills needs and experiences are considered in the learning process
- The learning environment provides an avenue for collaboration and fosters self- regulated learning.
- The learning environment is emotionally-safe and motivating, where error and failure are part of learning
- Instruction is based on core concepts and transferrable processes which can be applied in the real world.
- Instruction is carefully planned and purposeful, with a right blend of challenge and comfort allowing the learner to realize that success is attainable.
- Instruction equips learners to discern how to apply, combine and integrate knowledge and skills.
- Assessment allows students to practice, re-try, re-think and revise. It uses a variety of tools to explicitly communicate their performance relative to target criteria.